MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- The first meeting of Running Club is Wednesday, October 20. We’ll meet every Wednesday after that from 2:45-3:15.
- The deadline to register and be guaranteed a shirt is Friday, September 24.
Who can attend and how does it work?
- All 1st through 5th graders are welcome to attend. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students may attend IF A PARENT OR OLDER SIBLING IS PRESENT WITH THEM.
- Students will still be dismissed from the carpool line at 2:45 p.m. and escorted to the track adjacent to the school. There, they will run or walk as many laps as possible until 3:15.
- Students must wear an official Running Club shirt every week. The shirt is the runner’s permission to attend. No shirt = no Running Club!
- Running Club is only canceled when KSLA news reports a 60% chance of rain or greater for the afternoon! We do not cancel for cold or hot temperatures, but it is always your choice whether or not your child stays for Running Club.
- At 3:15, participants will sit in a designated area on the field and wait to be picked up by a parent/guardian. All students must be picked up unless they have returned the official form giving permission to walk home. That form can be signed during our electronic registration process. No student will be released to walk home without that signature on file.
- Parents cannot be late to pick up children! Children of late parents will be asked not to return to Running Club for that year.
How much does it cost?
- If a student needs a new shirt this year, the cost to participate in Running Club is $15. If a student does not need a new shirt, the cost is $5. This will pay for the student’s bar-code and lanyard for our electronic tracking system. If a student orders a shirt, the cost of the bar-code is built into that.
What else do I need to know?
- Sign up to get important updates on your phone! To get text notifications through the Remind App, text the message @acsrunners to the number 81010.
- We are still using our electronic tracking system! Students will be given a lanyard with a bar-code attached. As students complete each lap, a teacher will scan the bar-code. This tracks how many laps students complete each week.
No student can attend Running Club (even if they have an old shirt!) until a parent or guardian registers them online!
If you have any questions, please contact Jenny McGuirk at 318-364-9218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.